Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A New Wrinkle

I'd like to introduce you to Monkey Poopoohead. He is William's
stuffed monkey. Can you guess who named him? He makes William smile and we got a really cute video when this picture was taken. William had his arm through Monkey P's arms and kept moving his arm up and down and watching Monkey P move too. It was pretty adorable.

Now, this new wrinkle is not too adorable. William has decided that he prefers Mama and Daddy over everyone else. I'm so happy to be able to meet his needs and it makes me feel wonderful to know that this little guy needs me so much, but I'd like him to enjoy being around other people as well. He is such a great baby for me during the day, most every day. The only time he cries is when he's waking up from a nap and is ready to be fed or during the occasional diaper change. Bathtime is occasionally stressful because we can't always get the timing figured out so he's taking a bath as a happy, not hungry, not tired baby.

But he's started screaming. At night. Mainly when he's tired and it's time to go to bed. This past weekend in Franklin, Grandy wasn't able to calm him down for the first time. Neither could Patrick. I finally got him calm and sleeping. It was not fun for anyone involved. Then he started crying during the day when anybody else would hold him.

I have been bringing him to the childcare center at the gym so I can exercise. The first time he went he did great, and was a super happy baby when I went to get him. It has been a downhill spiral ever since. Today the sweet lady who works in there had to come get me because he had reached their limit of crying time. I made sure he was fed right before he went so that wouldn't be a problem. He was totally content when I walked out the door, but apparently he started screaming soon after I left. The ladies asked me to bring a bottle with him next time, which I'll do hoping that will keep him the happy baby I know him to be.

The whole situation worries me. Mainly because he'll be starting daycare in August and I want him to like it and the caregivers to like him. I want him to be a friendly, social baby. We have some things coming up when we'll have to leave William with a sitter and I'm worried that he'll cry the whole time.

I'm hoping this wrinkle will iron itself out soon, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm listening!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment