I think we've made enough progress in the bathroom to justify a blog update. But first, here's a picture of the little guy helping Daddy with cleanup after Isaac. The news kept predicting a storm that would affect BR like Gustave did (thankfully this was not the case), so I tried my best to get myself mentally prepared. However, after about 20 hours without power my psyche was cracking. Thankfully our power was restored after about 24 hours while we were making plans to get out of town. 
William is obsessed with all things Apple. I have to really limit his iphone/ipad time! His favorites are youtube videos (kid-friendly) and the PBS kids app.
William is obsessed with all things Apple. I have to really limit his iphone/ipad time! His favorites are youtube videos (kid-friendly) and the PBS kids app.
Onto the bathroom: William's room no longer has a door that enters the bathroom. The sheetrock finishers are working on floating/texturing the walls. As soon as the construction is finished the changing table will be moved to Elizabeth's room.
The bathroom is officially two rooms. The picture below is looking into the closet/laundry. I had my first freak out today when I thought I no longer had a receptacle for the washer/dryer. Thankfully I just didn't notice the extension cord hanging from the wall! A pocket door will go in the metal slot on the left.
Another view of the laundry/closet. See the white extension cord? Now I do, too. We've decided to stack our new washer/dryer to maximize closet space.
This is looking from the laundry/closet into the bathroom. The unsheetrocked portion is for the shower, and the vanity is adjacent to that on the left. Plumbing for that has been "roughed in".
The tub, which should arrive tomorrow, will go in this general area under the window. We can't do the plumbing for that until the tub is actually here because it's a clawfoot tub and the pipes will show.
And in the meantime, this is what the nursery looks like! Everything from my closet is either in this tiny closet, on the bed, or in big black garbage bags.
We have about 3 1/2 weeks until my due date. I'd love for things to be finished a good week or so before that because I would like to be able to get the nursery cleaned and set up. The bedding is being made right now. I've started the weekly doctor appointments, and had a sonogram yesterday. Elizabeth looks good, weighs about 6 lb 2 oz and has a good amount of hair according to the tech. Things are starting to progress, but hopefully everything will go at a nice, slow, steady pace for the next few weeks. It's kinda hard not to laugh at the doctor when she tells me to get out the carseat and pack my bag. If I only knew where my bags were!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment