Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Friend Gabe

We spent last weekend in Thibodaux. Saturday morning we had a visit with Ms. Debbie, Ms. Fay, and Gabe. Gabe turns one in September and has a baby sister coming in October.  I think he's going to be a great big brother. It was so funny watching the two boys interact. 

Gabe tried to eat William's ear. I really think he was trying to give him a kiss, but this looks hilarious.

He succeeded with a kiss.

Look at those eyes! I think William was ready to have his toy back.

We went to the doctor Wednesday and William's ears are much better.  I'm hoping they stay fluid free for a very long time.  I don't want to see the doctor again until our 6 month check up which is only a few weeks away...time does fly. 

We started giving William baby food last week.  So far he has had carrots, peas, and pears.  I thought peas were his favorite because when he first had them he gobbled them up.  We had peas again tonight and he almost gagged with every bite, so now I think they are the least favorite.  We are trying a new food every third day and once we've tried a variety I'll start sending some to daycare.  According to the nurse at the doctor, William has gained almost 2 pounds since he started the foods!

And I almost forgot...William is a sitter!  I think he has finally mastered sitting on his own, such a big step.  He can hold toys and laugh at Murtle while sitting and not fall down.  Patrick and I are such proud parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment