So now for the big changes...
William's letter from the St. Aloysius Child Care Center arrived last week. His first day at the center will be August 2, and I am already a basket case. It started last week when Patrick mentioned that William would be starting school in about 3 weeks, I really hadn't thought about it until I heard him say that. I AM NOT READY! I know that I have to go back to work and being around the other people and children will be so good for William, but that isn't making the separation any easier on me. I've been with the little guy practically 24/7 for the past four months. Going from that to being with him from 4-bedtime and on the weekends will be an adjustment to say the least.
In order to get him ready for the center, we are starting to wean him from nursing and on to formula starting tomorrow. I'd like to keep nursing him at least once/twice a day until six months if that's possible. Dr. Kelleher also gave us the go ahead to start rice cereal and then first step foods. Looks like we're pulling out the highchair, bowls, spoons, and bibs!
Please keep our little family in your prayers as we tackle these new adventures!
Advice: A nanny is where it's at. You should look into getting one.
ReplyDelete