Today we celebrated William's Baptism. He was baptized at St. Aloysius Catholic Church by Father Blanchard (my favorite!). Patrick and I asked Rachel and Lee to be William's Godparents when he was born and were very happy that they agreed.
At St. Aloysius they focus on the Church as a community, therefore Baptisms are conducted during Mass for the entire congregation to witness. All the little children are welcome to circle around the Baptismal Font and watch as the priests conduct the Baptism. Once the priest has anointed the baby with the water, he parades him to the front of church and presents him to the congregation. William was such a trooper during the whole ceremony. He was awake, alert, and happy! He wore the christening gown worn by Patrick and his brothers that was given to them by their grandmother, Addie. I brought the white blanket my grandma made for Klein before she died that he and John Daniel used for their Baptisms. They were both winter babies and it was a thick blanket so we didn't use it but it was there and that made it very special. I was very emotional all morning, especially when I saw the blanket. I have so much to be thankful for and I feel very blessed to be William's mother. Like Ms. Lynn said, "William completes me."
After Mass we all went to lunch to celebrate, then came back to the house for Fresh Strawberry cake and coffee. Poor William is pooped from such a busy day!

Um, more pictures please. You can't even see his gown!
ReplyDelete