Patrick, Murtle, and I had a wonderful Christmas. We started in Rayne on the 23rd and went to Thibodaux for Christmas day. We all (William included) received some great gifts and are very thankful. I got a bike from Patrick and tried it out this morning, but my coordination is not stellar so I'm hesitant to do too much riding with William on board. I do love it and can't wait to start riding around the lakes.
The holidays are always a little stressful because Patrick and I both come from close families and would love to be with everyone, but we can't be in 2 places at once. Next year will be even trickier with the little one. I can count on one hand the Christmas mornings I spent at my own house because we were always traveling to my grandparents' houses, and I would like my children to experience Christmas morning at their own home on occasion. We are considering a 3 year rotation between Baton Rouge, Rayne, and Thibodaux, but the most important thing is being with family. We are so thankful for our families and enjoy spending time with them, so even having to make these decisions is a blessing.
Now I'm off to finish unpacking and do some reorganizing. Hopefully I'll be back soon with pictures of the nursery painted and ready to be furnished!
No comments:
Post a Comment