Now here we are nine weeks later and after my sonogram today, we can announce that William will be a big brother to a baby sister!!! From the very beginning I swore it was another boy, but lately I had started questioning that gut feeling, and now I know why. It took awhile for the gender shock to wear off, but we are over the moon happy and thankful for this baby girl who is going to join our family in a few months. She does have a name already (she's had her first name since I was probably 12 years old) but we are still deciding on the middle name, so I'll let y'all know when we've decided. Now I'm ready for the next 20 weeks to fly by!
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
William's Going to be a Big Brother!
So, way back in late January, Patrick and I found out we were expecting another baby. We were so grateful for the gift, but I was incredibly nervous about everything being healthy with the new baby. We decided to wait until I had had two appointments before telling our families, which was perfect because my second appointment was the day before William's second birthday. I looked all over town for a cute big brother t-shirt to give William on his birthday as our way of telling everyone, but couldn't find one in his size. The solution was to give him a book about being a big brother. We saved it for the last present, and my heart was beating out of my chest as he opened it.
And there was silence after he opened it. Patrick and I just looked at each other, like "Are they not excited? What is going on?" Apparently it just took everybody awhile to catch on and read the title, then they were excited!
Now here we are nine weeks later and after my sonogram today, we can announce that William will be a big brother to a baby sister!!! From the very beginning I swore it was another boy, but lately I had started questioning that gut feeling, and now I know why. It took awhile for the gender shock to wear off, but we are over the moon happy and thankful for this baby girl who is going to join our family in a few months. She does have a name already (she's had her first name since I was probably 12 years old) but we are still deciding on the middle name, so I'll let y'all know when we've decided. Now I'm ready for the next 20 weeks to fly by!
Now here we are nine weeks later and after my sonogram today, we can announce that William will be a big brother to a baby sister!!! From the very beginning I swore it was another boy, but lately I had started questioning that gut feeling, and now I know why. It took awhile for the gender shock to wear off, but we are over the moon happy and thankful for this baby girl who is going to join our family in a few months. She does have a name already (she's had her first name since I was probably 12 years old) but we are still deciding on the middle name, so I'll let y'all know when we've decided. Now I'm ready for the next 20 weeks to fly by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment