Saturday, March 31, 2012

Two Year Stats



Some other tidbits about William right now:
  • He weighs 30 lbs (80%) and is 35 1/2 inches tall (75%).
  • He can count to 11, say his ABCs and identify colors.
  • He is learning his full name, if I start it off with William, he finishes with Patrick Ledet, Junior.
  • He knows that Pops, Grandy, and Uncle Paul live in Thibodaux and Granna and Honey are in Rayne.  He's gotten pretty good at remembering where he lives, too.
  • He stopped using his nunu in early March.  Murtle ate the last one, so we went cold turkey and are doing great now. 
  • He has been sleeping in his big boy bed since around Christmas.  He got new sheets with all kinds of vehicles on them and a new duvet for his birthday.
  • His vocabulary is growing like crazy.  He is constantly asking, "What's that?" and he will ask it over and over.  I have to ask the question back to him usually before he'll stop. 
  • His intelligibility is decent.  I understand about 80% of what he says, Patrick is a little below that.  If William tells me something totally out of context I have to have him repeat it several times before I get it.  The doctor is still seeing fluid in his ear, but I'm not worried about his speech right now.  I'll just monitor it over time and if it doesn't seem to develop like I'd like, we'll go back to the doctor. 
  • He loves to observe people and watch what they're doing.  He imitates the way Patrick and I sit, stand, hold our hands, etc. all the time. 

1 comment: