Thursday, February 16, 2012

Krewe of Tots

Every year for Mardi Gras, the Child Care Center puts on a parade, the Krewe of Tots.  The children from the center bring their decorated wagon floats and parade around the big school.  This was William's first year to bring his wagon and participate.  Patrick took on the task of decorating the wagon and he did a great job.  He did it after William went to bed, so the next morning when William got a glimpse of it in the den he was super excited.  
There were tons of wagons lined up, ready to go for the parade.  We had beads and candy to throw, but it was a little wait before it was time to start.
Once we started, there were so many kids it was a little overwhelming.  William did a good job throwing his beads, mostly one a time with a few exceptions when he chunked a bunch that were still bundled together.  However, when I gave him a piece of candy to throw, he just held on to it, like "I am not giving the good stuff away."  It was a really cute activity and I'm glad we got to enjoy it.  I can't wait until next year when we can do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment