Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Destin

We were fortunate enough to spend last week in Destin.  I love a good beach, it's my happy place.  Addie, Patrick's grandmother, started taking the family years ago and Ms. Lynn is keeping up the tradition.  Lots of extended family makes the trip as well, so it's a great chance to catch up with everyone.  There is a group of little girls a year older than William, and I love watching them for hints of what he'll be like the next year.  I think next year the group will grow even more with my family and the Klines.   
William loved to be in the water, the pool especially.  The sand didn't seem to bother him, but the heat did.  We ended up at an urgent care clinic towards the end of the week, but for once the ears were clear, only this time it was the tonsils!  After a few doses of antibiotic he was in much better spirits.  He loved watching the big boats and airplanes on the beach.  He kept calling the para-sails "moon"!
I was terrible at taking pictures on the trip.  The first time I brought my camera to the beach William wasn't into being outside.  The second time he was much happier, but I got impatient waiting for the camera to adjust to the heat and put it away before it was ready.  I need to get over trying to take really good pictures and just take something!

No comments:

Post a Comment