Here is a picture of the bump at 39 weeks. I laugh when I look back to the first pictures I posted of the "bump". I was so excited about it, and looking back I realize there really wasn't much there at all! Now I'm running out of clothes to wear because nothing is long enough to cover my belly. In addition to the growing belly my shoes are a little more snug and of course there's the ankles. After a day of work they are enormous, practically the size of my knees! According to my coworkers, my face has also started swelling in past few days and Patrick has asked that I not wear my engagement/wedding ring in case my fingers swell and they have to cut the ring off for some reason.
As of Wednesday I was about 4 cm dilated, but still no contractions. I'll go back to the doctor this Wednesday (unless William makes an appearance first) and we may decide to go ahead and induce Thursday or Friday. I was very anti-induction this whole pregnancy and would still rather go into labor naturally, but it appears that William just may be stubborn and needs some coercing. I totally trust my doctor and her opinion, so I'm fine with whatever she thinks is best for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment