Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Under Construction


We finally made some progress with the back bedroom. This room will be the future nursery, and there used to be an exterior door on this wall. Over the summer, we got an estimate for ripping out the door and replacing it with a window. Patrick thought the quote was too much, so things stopped there. I was frustrated and ready to give up. Thanks to my father in law, that didn't have to happen! Today, a carpenter he uses in Thibodaux came and ripped out the door and replaced it with new sheetrock and siding. We still have to float the sheetrock and paint the exterior, but that's Patrick's job (hopefully he'll get some help)! The ceiling in this room is also beautiful popcorn, so that's going to come down soon. I'm still superstitious, so I don't really plan on doing anything else to the room for a few months, but at least we've made progress.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did yall do to my room!!!

    I owe Pat for 7 hours of free work for last years Christmas present

    ReplyDelete